What does one do when you are late getting a post up? You have lunch for breakfast! Not that I minded with this simple creation. It totally slipped my mind to post this week’s Meatless Monday this morning and then when I went to post it – I found I didn’t have the pictures! They were on the camera and now they are not. The struggles of a food blogger. Anyway, this recipe is awesome and it took no time at all to whip up.
I think the best part of this pasta dish, for me, is that you can make it for one, two or a four. The tomatoes are already seasoned with garlic and olive oil so in the time it takes to make the pasta your meal is done. It’s that versatile and easy. I’m going to give you the recipe for two since that is what I whipped up this morning. Double it for four.
- 6 ounces fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 can of Red Gold Garlic and Olive Oil Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 4 - 5 fresh basil leaves cut into ribbons
- Parmesan cheese for garnish if desired
- Cook fettuccine noodles according to package directions for al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Use half of the can of tomatoes along with whatever liquid comes out with the half - toss with noodles.
- Toss basil ribbons into pasta and tomatoes and add Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately.
“Blogghetti” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.