Homemade Peach Streusel Crumb Bars are always a big hit when fresh peaches are in season. Delicious peach filling is sandwiched between a buttery, brown-sugar, and oat crust and a sweet streusel topping.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. Sponsored items used in this post are from Wilton, Adam’s Extracts, and Dixie Crystals.
It’s my last recipe for #SummerDessertWeek! These Peach Streusel Crumb Bars are super yummy, easy to make, and a favorite in my house. Fresh Georgia peaches were used in this recipe! There is nothing like a sweet, juicy fresh peach to make one think of summer. We are fortunate that we can go right to the orchard to get the peaches when they are in season.
Since this is my last recipe for the week, I want to remind you to enter the giveaway (at the bottom of this post) and to check out all of the recipes from the week! There are so many that you’ll be pinning like crazy to make them this summer.
Wilton generously sent a huge goodie package and I used the square baking pan for these crumb bars. It was perfect and the design on the pan is super fun!
Adam’s Extracts sent vanilla and lemon extracts for us to try. I used the vanilla in the filling and the glaze. Their vanilla extract is the best.
Also, Dixie Crystals definitely is keeping me in stock with brown sugar. I used it in the crust and the crumb topping.
Tips to make this recipe:
This is probably the biggest tip – fresh peaches are definitely better in this recipe, but in a pinch frozen does very well. Thaw the peaches out and drain any liquid. I also will dab the peaches with paper towel to remove excess liquid.
The crust is pre-baked half-way and while it is in the oven, it’s the perfect time to make the filling.
Lining your baking pan with parchment paper (have some hang over the sides) will make removing the bars from the pan easy.
Chilling the bars for about two hours after they are baked (still in the pan) is an important step. You want the filling to set so you can cut them easily without the filling spilling out.
You can drizzle a glaze over the bars, or simply serve as they are. Freezer tip: The baked bars can be frozen for up to 3 months. Simply thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
Peach Streusel Crumb Bars #SummerDessertWeek
For the Crust & Topping
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter very cold and cubed
For the Filling
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 medium peaches peeled and chopped into small pieces (about 1.5 cups)
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup powedered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment, leave an overhang on all of the sides so that you can easily lift the bars out of the pan before cutting. Spray with nonstick spray or grease with butter. Set aside.
- To make the crust and topping: In a large bowl, whisk the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon together until combined.
- Cut in the cold butter using a pastry blender or two forks until it reaches coarse, pea-sized crumbs. Remove 3/4 cup of the mixture and put it in a small bowl, set aside.This will be for the streusel topping.
- Evenly press the remaining oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling: Whisk the egg and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour and salt. Whisk until combined and then fold in the peaches.
- Remove crust from the oven after 15 minutes and pour the filling over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved streusel topping mixture.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to chill for 2 hours. This will help the bars set and be easier to cut.
- Once chilled, lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides. Remove parchment paper. Place baked bars on serving plate.
- Prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the powedered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together until smooth. Add another Tablespoon of milk to thin out if needed. Drizzle over each square.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Today’s #SummerDessertWeek recipes!
- Mermaid Pineapple RumDum from Big Bear’s Wife
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Cotton Candy Cupcakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Drumstick Layered Dessert from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mermaid Milkshakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Fried Ice Cream Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Unicorn Milkshake from For The Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Mojito Cupcakes from Jen Around the World
- Pina Colada Cupcakes from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemonade Cupcakes from The Domestic Kitchen
- Summer Sangria Cake from A Blender Mom
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Cupcakes from Doughmesstic
- Sunflower Cupcakes from Home Sweet Homestead
- Easy Pina Colada Poke Cake from Love and Confections
- Classic Vanilla Cupcakes + Summer Cupcake Decorating from Books n’ Cooks
- Almond Cupcakes with Almond Buttercream Frosting from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Peach Upside Down Cake from Home Sweet Homestead
- Jam Breakfast Cake with Streusel from Shockingly Delicious
- Summer Berry Cupcakes with Lemon Icing from Nancie’s Table
No Bake Treats:
- Million Dollar Bar Pies from Fake Ginger
- Blackberry Cream Cheese Dessert from Eat Move Make
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake from Cooking With Carlee
- S’mores Cheesecake from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shortbread Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Drumstick Babka from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Raspberry Lemon Brownies from Sweet Beginnings
- Peach Streusel Crumb Bars from Blogghetti
- White Tea Peach Panna Cotta from Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Strawberry Swirl Marshmallow from My Sweet Zepol
- Blueberry Lemonade Lollipops from Our Good Life
It’s been a sweet week for us bloggers and we are thrilled to have shared all of our recipes! Pin, share, and comment your favs!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.