Candy Dipped Cones with Fruit are an easy and fun way to serve fresh fruit for kids of all ages. Dipping cones into chocolate and coating with sprinkles is a great way to get the kids involved.
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine. Sponsored items used in this post are from Wilton and Sweets & Treats Boutique.
It’s mid-week of #SummerDessertWeek and I am loving all of the recipes being shared! Have you found a favorite yet? There’s still more to come, too! Don’t forget to check out today’s recipes.
I’m all about simple and delicious recipes and what better way to get kids (of all ages) to enjoy summer fruits than with chocolate and sprinkles! These Candy Dipped Cones with Fruit are super easy to make and you can fill them with your favorite fruits.
This recipe is perfect for kids to get in the kitchen to help make – with a little adult supervision melting and handling the chocolate. Kids will love to personalize their cones with various sprinkles. Getting kids to prepare and cook foods in the kitchen with you will encourage them to be more creative and to try different foods.
Wilton is one of our sponsors and they sent this truly amazing package of goodies for us to use. I don’t think I have had so many ideas for chocolate and sprinkles! I definitely can #bakehappyinasnap with all of this!
I am in love with the products from Sweets & Treats Boutique and they sent some really cute sprinkles!
Tips to make this recipe:
There really is no wrong way to make these candy dipped cones. You can use any type of cones you want – regular, sugar, or waffles cones. I used sugar cones as that is what I had on hand.
It’s easiest to melt the chocolate wafers in the microwave, using the package directions. However, you can also use a small saucepan on the stove top – refer to the package for instructions. Wilton sent some summery flavored candy melts that were perfect for this recipe.
Some chocolates will harden quicker than others. I prefer to let the dipped cones harden in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
Sprinkles are fun no matter how old you are! If you prefer, you can also dip the cones in chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or mini chocolate chops. Be creative!
Fill the cones with fruits that you like. The cones can also be filled with yogurt, pudding, snack mixes, or ice cream. I used a little of the leftover filling from Monday’s recipe for Raspberry Cream Cheese Dessert in one of the cones – it was amazing!
Candy Dipped Cones with Fruit #SummerDessertWeek
- 12 sugar cones
- Chocolate Candy Melts in various flavors melted (about a half cup of each)
- 3 - 4 cups of fruit cut into small pieces if needed. Use seasonal fruits or your favorites.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave in 20 second interval, stirring between each one, dip cones in, set on wax paper lined tray, and let chocolate harden (can refrigerate cones so the chocolate hardens faster)
- When cones are set, fill cones with fruit.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers. We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out!
Today’s #SummerDessertWeek Recipes!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Strawberry Siren Shake from A Blender Mom
- Funfetti Ice Cream Sandwiches from Family Around the Table
- Ice Cream Waffle Sandwiches from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red, White & Blue Funfetti Ice Cream from Books n’ Cooks
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- No-Bake Mermaid Cake from Nik Snacks
- Mermaid Ice Cream Cone Cakes from Eat Move Make
- Lemon Cupcakes from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Buttercream Cake with Blueberry Lemonade Ganache from 4 Sons R Us
- Blackberry Lemon Yogurt Cake from Sweet Beginnings
No Bake Treats:
- Frozen Chocolate Chip Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Sprinkle Filled Birthday Cookie Dough Dip from Cooking With Carlee
- Candy Dipped Fruit Cones from Blogghetti
- Mermaid Cakesicles from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars from Jen Around the World
- Amaretto Cheesecake from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Lemon Blueberry Scones from The Beard and The Baker
- Key Lime Pie Donuts from Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Bar Cheesecake from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Banana Pretzel Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- New York Style Cheesecake from Back To My Southern Roots
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Indian Rice Pudding from Palatable Pastime
- Key Lime Thumbprint Cookies from The Domestic Kitchen
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Doughmesstic
- Chocolate Swirl Meringues from My Sweet Zepol
- Sweet Corn Cookies from The Spiffy Cookie
- Peach Pie Fudge from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Blackberry Spritzer from My Baking Heart
Having a hard time deciding what to make, aren’t you? I know I am! Check back Friday when I post my last recipe for the week.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.