Soft Pumpkin Spice Glazed Scones are your answer to enjoying fall flavors. These tender scones are infused with pumpkin pie spices and then topped with a double glaze of spices. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy a scone or two!
I received complimentary product from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #sponsored
It’s the middle of #FallFlavors Week and I’m sharing the perfect recipe to have with your morning coffee or tea. Pumpkin Spice Glazed Scones has all of your favorite fall spices plus a double glaze. Yes, a double glaze. First, a vanilla glaze is poured over the scones and once it’s set, a pumpkin spiced glazed is drizzled over the scone. It’s so good, ya’ll. You have to make them!
Before I get to the easy recipe for these scones, let me tell you a bit more about this week of all things that taste like Fall. We have 24 bloggers sharing their best fall recipes this week with the help of two wonderful sponsors, Door County Coffee and Tea Company and Millican Pecan. They generously supplied us with samples of their products. How cool is that?
Monday, I shared my recipe for Chocolate Cappuccino Biscotti with Pecans using Millican Pecan’s Cappuccino Pecans, which are so addicting. While I didn’t have a recipe on Tuesday, you can check out the all the recipes linked up for that day here. Friday, I will have a delicious warm drink to share.
Tips to Make Pumpkin Spice Glazed Scones:
So, let’s get to how to make these scones, shall we? Super easy to make scones and once I started making them, I love finding different recipes to make. If you have been following the blog for awhile now, you already know my first tip and that is to freeze your butter. Yes, freeze your butter! Then grate the butter and it will not only stay very cold, but it will take less time to blend it in with your flour mixture. Easy Peasy!
Once you have combined the ingredients for the scones, you’ll pat the dough out into a 8-inch circle and then cut it into 8 even wedges.
Place on lined baking sheet with space between each wedge, and bake.
Once the scones are baked, allow them to cool before you glaze them.
Remember, I said these pumpkin scones are double glazed so the first glaze is spooned all over the scones to cover the tops.
Let that glaze set and hardened before adding the spiced glaze over the scones.
Finally, let that glaze harden before eating and dunking into a cup of Door County coffee, maybe even their pumpkin spice flavor.
Pumpkin Spice Glazed Scones
For the scones:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, frozen and grated
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
For the vanilla glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
For the spiced glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp milk
To make the scones:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Add frozen grated butter and toss with the dry ingredients.
- In another large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, egg and vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a wooden spoon until a soft dough forms.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough a couple of times until it comes together.
- Place dough on your prepared baking sheet and pat out to an 8-inch circle. Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife, cut 8 even wedges from the circle. Separate wedges on baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet into oven and bake for 12 - 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove scones from baking sheet to wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
To make the vanilla glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar and milk. Whisk until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk as needed. Once the scones are cooled, spoon vanilla glaze over scones. Allow to set and harden before adding the spiced glaze.
To make the spiced glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and milk. Whisk until smooth. One the vanilla glaze has set, drizzle the spiced glazed over the scones and allow to set before enjoying.
It’s time for Flavors of Fall
Welcome to Flavors of Fall where we celebrate all things associated with fall like squash, apples, pecans, sweaters, football; you get the idea! Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures have gathered 24 bloggers who have over 100 recipes they’re sharing this week in celebration of cool weather and sweatshirts. We hope you find many must make recipes so get your pinning, tweeting, and sharing fingers ready!
Here’s what we made for Wednesday:
Cinnamon Coffee Rubbed Pork Chops by Simple and Savory
Mom’s Roasted Brown Sugar & Butter Butternut Squash by Books n’ Cooks
Sheet Pan Pecan Maple Pork Tenderloin by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Sweet Potato Cornbread by Palatable Pastime
The Best Slow Cooker Coffee Rub Brisket by Everyday Eileen
Turkey Pecan Cranberry Sliders by Tip Garden
Apple Crisp Hand Pies by The Freshman Cook
Brownies with Coffee Buttercream by Sweet Beginnings
Caramel Apple Tiramisu by The Redhead Baker
Maple Butter Pecan Rice Krispie Treats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Pumpkin Spice Latte Chia Pudding by Love and Confections
Two (2) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Open to US Residents only. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter the giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entry. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan and Door County Coffee and Tea for providing prizes.