How are we almost halfway through the year? It’s May and I certainly hope it’s not still calling for snow anywhere because it’s time
to break out the grill, if you haven’t already. Of course, we didn’t let any snow stop us (not often) from grilling when we lived in upstate NY in the winters. Not only do some foods just taste so much better when cooked on the grill, it’s easier on clean up and for me, that’s a huge plus. I love the “packet meals” roasted on the grill because you really do have easy clean up – you can eat right out of the aluminum foil packet!
- 1 can (15 oz each) Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high heat according to manufacturer’s directions. Stir together beans, corn, drained tomatoes and cumin in medium bowl.
- Place four 18×12-inch pieces of heavy foil on counter. Spray each with cooking spray. Place 1 breast in center on each piece of foil. Spoon 1/4th bean mixture over chicken for each packet. Bring up short sides of each foil packet and double fold top. Double fold both ends to seal each packet, leaving space for steam to gather.
- Place packets on grate of covered grill. Grill 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centers (165°F). Carefully open packets; sprinkle 1/4th cheese on top of each breast. Close foil and let stand 2 minutes or until cheese melts.