Grill up these Sweet Chili Pineapple Chicken Tenders for your next cookout. Serve over rice or along side of roasted vegetables, this chicken recipe is a winner.
I’m wrapping up #CookoutWeek with this simple and delicious grilled chicken recipe. What was supposed to be a slow cooker recipe turned out to be the best grilled chicken we’ve had in awhile. I originally wanted to use the marinade as a sauce for the chicken to slow cook in, and then serve it over steamed rice. However, while I knew I had a bottle of the sweet chili sauce, I failed to check to see how MUCH was in the bottle. There was not enough to use in a sauce for the chicken, so it became a part of this yummy marinade and I grilled the chicken and the pineapple rings.
The marinade for this recipe comes together in a couple of minutes with the chicken marinating for about 30 minutes to an hour. That will give you plenty of time to get these Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes prepped and on the grill.
- 1 1/2 - 2 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 20 oz can of pineapple slices in 100% pineapple juice
- Place chicken tenders in a resealable plastic bag.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of the pineapple juice from the can of pineapple slices. Set aside to use in marinade.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sweet chili sauce, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, and honey. Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade.
- Pour remaining marinade over chicken tenders, be sure to coat all of the tenders.
- Seal the bag, and marinate in the refrigerator 30 minutes to an hour.
- When ready to grill, preheat the grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and grill until done, about 5 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, brush pineapple slices with a little of the reserved marinade. Place on grill and grill about 2 minutes per side, brushing a little more of the reserved marinade on the pineapple slices once you turn them.
- Using the remaining reserved marinade to brush on the chicken once it is done cooking.
Be sure to check out the yummy recipes for this last day of #CookoutWeek!