Thick and chewy Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars are perfect to share or not. Made with mini chocolate chips and colorful M&M candies, these are sure to brighten someone’s Valentine’s Day.
It won’t be long and Valentine’s Day will be here and these M&M Cookie Bars are just the thing to make someone special! Homemade chocolate chip cookie bars filled with pretty M&Ms just for the occasion.
Making cookies in bar form takes just a little time and is even easy for kids to help make. Sometimes when I make cookies, the batter comes together quick enough but then you are baking a few pans of cookies before you are done. Cookie bars are made in one pan and baked longer than individual cookies.
Once baked, you can cut the cookie bars into any size squares you want. I mean if you want two huge squares, I won’t judge. Ha! This Valentine’s treat is perfect for the kids to take to the classroom to share. They even look pretty on your dessert tables.
I’m sharing this recipe as part of Sweet Valentine’s Day Desserts event from #OurFamilyTable Facebook group. Our little group has events during the month with different themes on Sundays. Such a fun way to see what everyone creates. Be sure to check out all of the sweet desserts we’re sharing today at the end of this post.
Tips to Making Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars:
You really can’t mess this recipe up, it’s super easy. My best tip for this is to use aluminum foil to line your baking pan and to spray it generously with non-stick spray. Using the foil allows you to remove the baked cookie from the pan and to cut into squares easily. Plus, you won’t have to wash the baking pan!
You can use regular chocolate chips in place of the mini ones or even white chocolate chips. Bonus tip: use different M&Ms for different holidays.
Be sure to let the cookie cool completely before cutting into squares.
Valentine's M&M Cookie Bars
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks of butter)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 bag (11.4 oz) Valentine's colored M&M candies
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray generously with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and blend after each one.
- Add the vanilla and blend together.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and blend well together.
- By hand, stir in the M&M candies and chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared pan evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until baked through. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Sweet Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Bittersweet Chocolate Pecan Tarts by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Burrata with Cherries in Wine by Art of Natural Living
- Cake Batter Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Chocolate Coconut Dream Martini by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Mississippi Mud Pie by That Recipe
- Keto Chocolate Mug Cake by Our Good Life
- Sweetheart Brownies by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Valentine Brown Sugar Bars by Family Around the Table
- Valentine’s M&M’s Cookie Bars by Blogghetti
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!