Thick and chewy Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars are perfect to share or not. Made with mini chocolate chips and colorful M&M candies, these are sure to brighten someone’s Valentine’s Day.
It won’t be long before Valentine’s Day will be here and these M&M Cookie Bars are just the thing to make someone special! Homemade chocolate chip cookie bars filled with pretty M&Ms just for the occasion.
Making cookies in bar form takes just a little time and is even easy for kids to help make. Sometimes when I make cookies, the batter comes together quick enough but then you are baking a few pans of cookies before you are done. Cookie bars are made in one pan and baked longer than individual cookies.
Once baked, you can cut the cookie bars into any size squares you want. I mean if you want two huge squares, I won’t judge. Ha! This Valentine’s treat is perfect for the kids to take to the classroom to share. They even look pretty on your dessert tables.
Cookie bar recipes are so easy to make that you’ll be dreaming up any special occasion to bake them.
- all purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- Valentine’s colored M&M candies
- mini chocolate chips
How to Make M&M Cookie Bars
Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray generously with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars until creamy.
Add the eggs, one at a time, and blend after each one. Then add the vanilla and blend together.
Gradually add the flour mixture and blend well together.
By hand, stir in the M&M candies and chocolate chips. Spread cookie dough into the prepared pan evenly.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until baked through. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Tips for Making Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars:
You really can’t mess this recipe up, it’s super easy. My best tip for this is to use aluminum foil to line your baking pan and to spray it generously with non-stick spray. Using the foil allows you to remove the baked cookie from the pan and cut it into squares easily. Plus, you won’t have to wash the baking pan!
You can use regular-sized semi-sweet chocolate chips in place of the mini ones or even white chocolate chips. Top batter with Valentine’s sprinkles before baking. Bonus tip: use different M&Ms for different holidays.
Be sure to let the cookie cool completely before cutting it into squares.
You May Also Enjoy These Cookie Recipes
- Valentine’s Day Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Neopolitan Cookies
- Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Valentine’s Day Crinkle Cookies with a Chocolate Heart
Valentine’s M&M Cookie Bars
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks of butter)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag (11.4 oz) Valentine's colored M&M candies
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 13×9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray generously with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and both sugars until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and blend after each one.
- Add the vanilla and blend together.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and blend well together.
- By hand, stir in the M&M candies and chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared pan evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until baked through. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!