If you are looking for a great game day sandwich or just a week-night meal. This Buffalo Chicken Sandwich is perfect for both of those. I actually wasn’t planning to make Buffalo Chicken but when I saw the new-to-me wing sauce from Sweet Baby Ray, I had to make this with it. I’ve used other wing sauces but this one was perfect and spicy enough to give it good kick. Slow cook the chicken in the sauce and seasonings and serve with this creamy Coleslaw (if desired) on a roll.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (about 4-6 pieces)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic. minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Wing Sauce
- Rolls of your choice
- In a large slow cooker, add sliced onion and top with chicken.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of the wing sauce, the garlic and cumin and stir to combine. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours, or until the chicken is cooked and can be shredded.
- When done, remove chicken and shred with two forks and place back into crockpot.
- Mix chicken with sauce in crockpot and cover. Let cook an additional hour to allow the chicken to soak up the sauce.
- Serve on rolls. Toast rolls in oven if desired before filling with buffalo chicken. Also, you can top the chicken with coleslaw for a crunch.