Dripping with the spicy flavors of buffalo sauce, these delicious slow cooker buffalo turkey sandwiches are the perfect easy weeknight meal.
Ya’ll – today, it’s going to be 89 degrees here in Middle Georgia – 89! I think we had spring for all of five minutes. I love having the windows open but I will be turning the air conditioner on today. Warm days means I don’t even want to think about turning on the oven to cook dinner. This slow cooker buffalo turkey recipe is the answer – simple ingredients thrown into the slow cooker and a few hours later, dinner is ready.
This recipe uses a package of turkey tenderloins from Butterball and a bottle of my favorite wing sauce from Sweet Baby Ray’s. Add in a few other ingredients (like 3 more) and you’re done. When the turkey is cooked through and can be easily shredded, do so with two forks and then let it cook a bit more. When it’s time to eat, toast up some buns on the stove top or on the grill, if you don’t want to turn on the oven to do this. Spoon in the filling and enjoy. Now, if you want to top it with some blue cheese dressing (or ranch), you can totally do that. Leftovers are wonderful for topping nachos, salads, or in a wrap.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Slow Cooker Buffalo Turkey Sandwiches
- 1 pkg. Butterball turkey tenderloins 1.5 lbs.
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Wing Sauce
- Rolls of your choice
- In a large slow cooker, add sliced onion and top with the turkey tenderloins.
- In a small bowl, add 1 cup of the wing sauce, the garlic and cumin and stir to combine. Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours, or until the turkey is cooked and can be shredded.
- When the turkey is done, shred with two forks and place back into slow cooker.
- Mix turkey with sauce in slow cooker and cover. Let cook an additional hour to allow the turkey to soak up the sauce.
- Serve on rolls. Toast rolls on the stove top, grill, or oven if desired before filling with buffalo turkey. Also, you can top the turkey with coleslaw for a crunch.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
Leave a Reply