This Cucumber and Purple Daikon Radish Salad with a homemade Dill Dressing is a perfect lunch or side dish to any meal.
I love when my box of produce arrives from Misfit Market! Sometimes it is a total surprise what I am getting and other times, I choose what I want to have them ship. This last box was a surprise with everything to make this salad. Spring greens, cucumbers, and that beautiful purple Daikon radish! I already had the dill to make the dressing with so I was ready to go.
This salad is a perfect Spring Side to share with you and since it is also the theme for today’s #OurFamilyTable event, what a better recipe to post. Be sure to check out the other Spring sides below this recipe.
The purple Daikon radish can come in different hues of purple, red, and pink. I love radishes! When I saw them in my box I was so excited, I nearly ate them on the spot instead of saving them. They are just a bit tangier than the regular red radishes you see in the grocery store.
How to Make Cucumber and Purple Daikon Radish Salad with Dill Dressing
Super easy recipe! In a large bowl, place 4 cups of spring greens and one cup of baby spinach.
Thinly slice the cucumber and radishes. I used a mandolin but you can use a sharp knife, too. If you use a mandolin, please be careful as you can easily cut yourself badly. Add the sliced vegetables in the bowl with the greens and toss.
Making dressing is simple. You need a mason jar with a lid or measuring bowl and whisk. I used a mason jar with a lid so it would be easier to blend the ingredients together and store in the refrigerator without dirtying another container.
In the mason jar, pour 3 tablespoons olive oil, juice of 1 medium lemon, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Place lid on jar and shake well until all ingredients are blended.
If you are serving the whole salad, don’t pour the dressing on until you are ready to serve it. Gently toss salad with dressing and serve. If you are serving the salad later, chill the dressing and salad separately. Since no in my house cares for radishes or dill dressing, this salad was all mine! I served a plate of the salad and tossed with a couple of tablespoons of the dressing. Delicious!
Cucumber and Purple Daikon Radish Salad with a homemade Dill Dressing
- 4 cups fresh spring greens, rinsed and dried
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, rinsed and dried
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 – 2 purple Daikon radish, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill (about 4 – 6 sprigs)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add the spring greens, spinach, cucumber, and radishes. Toss.
- In a mason jar with a lid, shake together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon, dill, salt and pepper until well blended.
- If serving the salad immediately, pour some of the dressing on the salad and gently toss. If serving later, chill the dressing and salad separately and then dress the salad when it is time.
Other Salads You May Enjoy
- Orzo Pasta Salad – change up your pasta salad with orzo and feta cheese
- Creamy Macaroni Coleslaw Salad – combine two classic salads into one
- Paleo Broccoli Salad – a healthier lightened up version of the classic
- Cucumber Tomato Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing – perfect spring and summer salad with that lemon poppyseed dressing
Delicious Spring Sides from #OurFamilyTable
- Creamy Pasta Primavera by Making Miracles
- Cucumber and Purple Daikon Radish Salad with Dill Dressing by Blogghetti
- Curried Peas by Magical Ingredients
- Herb Roasted Artichokes by That Recipe
- Homemade German Spaetzles by Art of Natural Living
- Roasted Asparagus with Feta and Sun Dried Tomatoes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Tomato and Pepper Soup by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!