Turn a classic cookie recipe into holiday cheer with red and green colors. These festive chocolate chip Christmas cookies will put a smile on any cookie lover’s face, and brighten up your holiday cookie trays.
I received complimentary product from Chocoley to aid in the creation of this recipe. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #sponsored
I love a good chocolate chip cookie and over the years have tried my share but when it comes to baking them, the classic recipe on the back of a chocolate chip bag will always be a favorite. Many family and friends also love my Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies and what I have dubbed, “Best Ever Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies“.
Do you ever crave something that you just have to stop and make? Not too long ago, I wanted chocolate chip cookies but also wanted to make a new recipe for a Christmas cookie. I decided to combine those two cravings. Taking the chocolate chip cookie and using Chocoley’s Color Oils in red and green to turn a classic into a Christmas treat.
Have you heard of Chocoley products before? Their chocolate products are so good to bake with, melt, and dip your favorite treats in plus there’s yummy caramel for inside candies or to drizzle over anything. I used their milk chocolate to drizzle over these apple hand pies (made in the air fryer) and their caramel on these delicious caramel apple scones.
Why use Chocoley Color Oils?
It’s simple. Chocoley’s color oils are easy to use, won’t stain your hands, and add bright pops of color to any baked good or candy that you make. You can even color the white chocolate melts in your favorite color or for any holiday theme.
Tips to Make Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies:
If you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, you can use that and follow the instructions on coloring the dough.
I like to start with measuring the dry ingredients first before mixing the wet. It saves time and also ensures that all your dry ingredients will be mixed well into the cookie dough.
To color the dough red and green, divide the dough into two equal portions and place in bowls. Add several drops of red into one bowl and mix into the dough. You will find it easier to use your hands to incorporate the color into the dough. The Chocoley color oils did not stain my hands once I washed them. You may also use a food safe glove to mix the color in. REPEAT with the green color in the second bowl of dough. You may need to add more color to get the shade of red and green you desire.
If you are using other food dyes or gels, check the package for information on how much to use and if it stains your hands.
Add the chocolate chips to each bowl after the color oils have been mixed in.
Then, bake the cookies as you normally would. Let cool on pan before removing to wire rack.
Chocolate Chip Christmas Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Chocoley Candy Color Oils in Red and Green or red and green food coloring/gels
- 2 cups (1 - 12oz pkg) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly spray baking sheets with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Add in the vanilla and mix.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Divided dough in half and place one half in another bowl. In one bowl, add in red coloring oil, a few drops at a time until the desired shade is achieved. Mix with wooden spoon or with (clean) hands until color is evenly throughout. Oils do not stain hands once washed. In the other bowl, add the green coloring oil, a few drops at a time until the desired shade is achieved. Mix the dough until the color is evenly throughout.
- Stir in one cup of chocolate chips into each bowl. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!