With only 4 ingredients, this Easy Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna is your answer to what’s for dinner. Simple shortcuts make this one-pot wonder a family favorite.
We really love lasagna, but it can be a very time consuming meal to prepare. I say that because it takes a few hours to prepare and then an hour to bake. I know there are no-cook noodles now to help speed things up but I just find the lasagna noodles that you have to cook a bit more sturdier to use.
Don’t get me wrong, I have used the no-boil noodles when I made this lasagna in the crock pot; however, I still made the cheesy ricotta layers and the meat sauce layers as you would in the traditional bake-in-the-oven lasagna. So, there was still prep work to the meal.
This easy slow cooker lazy lasagna recipe has changed my life. It’s a one-pot full of deliciousness. It may not be the traditional lasagna that my family requests a few times a year, but it’s up there as a favorite to make when the pasta craving hits.
Why is it called Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna?
It’s called lazy lasagna because it really is a simple recipe that uses a few shortcuts. Frozen cheese ravioli, your favorite jarred marinara sauce, and shredded Italian blend of cheese. FOUR ingredients. I am counting the fresh garlic as one of the four ingredients because it’s GARLIC. Garlic is essential, in my opinion. I’m not counting the seasonings to spice up the sauce or the fresh basil you top it with once it’s done. Those are “bonus” ingredients are optional.
Four ingredients! I mean how much easier does it get! My lazy lasagna recipe fits in well with the theme of #OurFamilyTable’s “Five and Under” recipes this week. If you want a fifth ingredient, add garlic bread because we all know you have to have garlic bread with lasagna – or any pasta dish.
How Do You Make This Easy Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna?
Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. I used a 6 quart slow cooker. In a large bowl, pour both jars of marinara sauce in it and the Italian season, 2 cloves minced garlic, and onion powder. Give it a good stir and set aside.
Grab a large bag of froze cheese ravioli and place half of it in the bottom of your slow cooker. Try to keep it in a single layer the best you can, not totally a deal breaker though if you don’t.
Pour half of the sauce over the ravioli, spreading to cover. Add half of the cheese over the sauce.
Repeat for one more layer with the frozen ravioli, sauce and ending with the rest of the cheese.Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. Top with chopped basil and serve with garlic bread, if desired.
Quick note: If you prefer meat in your lasagna, brown up a pound of ground beef or Italian sausage, drain and add to sauce when adding the seasonings in the large bowl. Then proceed with the recipe as directed. I made this for our Meatless Monday so I did leave out the meat, which would put this at the 5 ingredients.
Other Meatless Pasta Recipes You May Enjoy!
- Easy 20 minute One Pan Tuscan Tortellini – full of flavor from the fire-roasted tomatoes
- Creamy Tortellini and Spinach Skillet – you’ll love the spicy cream sauce and it’s a 30 minute meal
- 30 minute Two Bean Tomato Soup with Orzo – tons of flavor and healthy!
Easy Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna
- 6 quart slow cooker
- 1 bag (44 ounces/2 pounds 12 ounces) Frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) marinara sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick spray. I used a 6 quart slow cooker. In a large bowl, pour both jars of marinara sauce in it and the Italian season, 2 cloves minced garlic, and onion powder. Give it a good stir and set aside.
- Grab a large bag of froze cheese ravioli and place half of it in the bottom of your slow cooker. Try to keep it in a single layer the best you can, not totally a deal breaker though if you don't.
- Pour half of the sauce over the ravioli, spreading to cover. Add half of the cheese over the sauce. Repeat for one more layer with the frozen ravioli, sauce and ending with the rest of the cheese.
- Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. Top with chopped basil and serve with garlic bread, if desired.
Five and Under Recipes from #OurFamilyTable
- Easy Slow Cooker Lazy Lasagna from Blogghetti
- Easy Stove Top Mac & Cheese from Palatable Pastime
- Five Ingredient Tortillas-18 Different Ways! from Magical Ingredients
- Herbed Mustard Sirloin from That Recipe
- Immersion Blender Hollandaise from Art of Natural Living
- Meatball Sub Casserole from Cheese Curd in Paradise
- Parmesan Crusted Filet from Making Miracles
- Pepper Jack Pimento Cheese from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spiced Pineapple Cream Cheese from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Stay connected for the latest recipes
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
I’m all about this and love that you used ravioli. I need quick and easy and pasta is my jam!
This does sound easy peasy and delicious! Love shortcuts for a busy weeknight!
Inger @ Art of Natural Liivng says
This looks incredibly cheesy and delicious!
Awesome! This is a great comfort meal with only four ingredients. I would love to make this on busy days.
Ashley Marie Lecker says
What a great idea for an easy dinner! I make something similar and my boys absolutely love it! I love adding the additional seasoning to the sauce.