When my youngest daughter was in college, she would request tacos as her “coming home for the weekend” dinner every single time. We still have tacos on a regular basis now that she’s back at home. Occasionally I change it up and make taco salads for us using my tortilla pan set. I rarely fall for the “as seen on TV” products but this one got my attention and I give it a two thumbs up. The Perfect Tortilla Pan set can be used to make taco salad shells and dessert shells (like for ice cream sundaes). They are so easy to use and clean up is a breeze since they are nonstick no prep is used. The shells are baked not fried so that’s a health plus.
The pans are easy to use, too – simply place your tortilla shell into the pan and press into mold. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 – 12 minutes – or until your desired crispness occurs.
Sometimes we break up the baked taco shells and make deluxe nachos with everything. Whatever way you eat them, this easy taco salad is a snap and your family will love it! The Homemade Taco Seasoning is spicy but too spicy and goes well in a variety of dishes, too.
- One set of Perfect Tortilla Pans 4
- Flour tortilla shells
- 1 lb lean ground beef I use Laura's Lean Beef
- 3 tbsp of Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 cup water
- Homemade Salsa
- Taco toppings shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place tortilla shells in tortilla shell molds and place onto large baking sheet.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drain any remaining grease from skillet and rinse ground beef, if desired.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the Homemade Taco Seasoning and the 3/4 cup of water. Mix well with cooked ground beef. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- While taco meat is simmering, bake tortilla shells in oven for 10-13 minutes or until desired crispness. Also, chop up your taco toppings.
- When taco salad shells are done and meat has simmered, assemble taco salads with the meat and the toppings inside the tortilla salad shells. Serve.