This Spinach, Tomato, and Chicken Skillet meal is packed full of flavor with fire roasted tomatoes, red roasted peppers and spinach. It’s a dish that fits Paleo lifestyles and by adding pasta, it’s perfect for the pasta lovers.
Every have days where cooking is the very last thing you want to be doing? Yeah, me too and I had one of those last week. I knew I needed to get something quick on for dinner or we’d be eating out and not very healthy. I grabbed a few items from the pantry and already had a package of chicken tenders and some spinach that needed to be used in the refrigerator. I love using fire roasted tomatoes and roasted red peppers, the flavors are amazing and bump up any tomato dish.
While the sauce was simmering, I browned the chicken tenders on the grill and then placed them in the sauce to finish cooking. Once the chicken was tender and cooked through, I added gobs of spinach to lightly wilt in the sauce. Done!
[clickToTweet tweet=”Quick, healthy, and packed full of flavor, this Skillet meal comes together in 30 minutes. Spinach, Tomato, and Chicken Skillet. #healthy #chicken #fireroastedtomatoes #spinach #paleo #dinner” quote=”Quick, healthy, and packed full of flavor, this Skillet meal comes together in 30 minutes.”]
I served this with roasted zucchini and you could easily have added that to the sauce. Also, if you have pasta lovers in the house who are not eating Paleo, cook up some pasta to serve the sauce over. For a meatless meal, omit the chicken and serve over pasta. I love when a recipe can be easily adapted!
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
- 1 pkg chicken tenders about 1.5 lbs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cans 14.5 oz each fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 jar of roasted red peppers diced (I use Mezzetta brand roasted red peppers)
- 1 small onion sliced into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Two ways to Brown the chicken tenders: Preheat a grill and season the chicken with salt and pepper, and then brown the chicken on the grill for 2 minutes per side. Remove and set aside. OR Heat 2 tablespoons of butter or oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in skillet on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of butter and sauté onion till soft and then add the garlic and let cook for one minute, just until you smell the garlic. Add the diced roasted red peppers and let cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the chicken back in the skillet and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is tender and done.
- When chicken is cooked through and tender, add the spinach and let cook for about 2 minutes.
- If you prefer a non-paleo dish, you can serve over cooked pasta.