Tips for Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Be sure your butter is at room temperature when making these cookies. I like to combine all of the dry ingredients (except for the raisins) and give them a whisk together before adding to the wet ingredients.
If you don’t have raisins, dried cranberries work very well. Add chopped pecans or walnuts if you like.
Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup 1 stick plus 6 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt optional
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Quaker® Oats uncooked
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing after each addition until combined.
- With a wooden spoon, fold in the oats and raisins until combined.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 -2 minutes on cookie sheets before removing to a wire cooling rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
- Recipe from Quaker Oats
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!