Take your classic egg salad to a new level with this Bacon Cheddar Egg Salad recipe. Crispy bacon and sharp cheddar cheese are the perfect add-in ingredients to make your egg salad stand out.
I don’t make egg salad near enough, and I really need to change that after having this Bacon Cheddar Egg Salad. Easter is just a couple of days away and if you’re one of the many who dye eggs for the holiday, you’re going to need recipes to use up those eggs. My girls are adults now and it’s been a minute since we’ve dyed eggs, but I always make deviled eggs to have with our Easter dinner.
This little gizmo is amazing. I don’t even know how I got along in life without it!
In case you didn’t know, you can make perfect poached, soft, medium, and hard cooked eggs with this egg cooker. Ahhhmazing!
I wanted to jazz up my normal egg salad so I fried a few slices of bacon and grated some sharp cheddar cheese to use in the sandwich filling.
Bacon and cheese, ya’ll!
This recipe is super easy and it’s a great way to use up those colored Easter eggs. Plus, you’ll have lunch for a couple of days. I love eating egg salad on fresh buttery crossiants, but I also enjoying filling a lettuce cup with the mixture for a low-carb option.
Truth be told, I’ve just grabbed a spoon and dived in the bowl and ate it like that, too.
Tips for this recipe:
If you don’t have the Hamilton Beach Egg Cooker:
Place eggs in a large pot of cold water and add a teaspoon of vinegar to the cold water will help contain egg whites from leaking out if any of the shells crack while cooking. Cook eggs on high on the stove-top.
Once the eggs are cooked, immediately drain the hot water and run cold water over the eggs. Add some ice to help in the cooling process. It doesn’t hurt to shake the pan with the ice and eggs in it and let the shells crack a bit. This will just help them to peel easier.
When frying your bacon slices, you can either fry them whole and then roughly chop them up to use in the egg salad. OR – you can chop up the raw bacon and then fry it that way. Either way, be sure to drain the bacon to remove the grease.
You can use other cheeses, I love how the sharp cheddar tastes with the rest of the ingredients in this Bacon Cheddar Egg Salad.
There is a little mayonnaise in this Bacon and Cheddar Egg Salad recipe, and if you need to add more or less, do so. Season with salt and pepper, to your tastes.
To make the sandiwches, use your choice of bread or pile it on top of a lettuce leaf. A cute way to serve egg salad for a brunch would be to use Roma tomatoes. Slice them in half lengthwise, remove the seeds; fill with egg salad. Garnish with small parsley leaf.
Bacon Cheddar Egg Salad
- 6 large eggs
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Follow instructions in Hamilton Beach Egg Cooker manual for Hard Cooked Eggs. OR Place eggs in a large pot of cold water and add a teaspoon of vinegar to the cold water will help contain egg whites from leaking out if any of the shells crack while cooking. Cook eggs on high on the stove-top.
- Once the eggs are cooked (with either method of cooking), immediately drain the hot water and run cold water over the eggs. Add some ice to help in the cooling process. It doesn’t hurt to shake the pan with the ice and eggs in it and let the shells crack a bit. This will just help them to peel easier.
- While the eggs are cooking, fry up your bacon, drain on paper towels. Roughly chop up the bacon. Set aside.
- Once your eggs are peeled, dice the eggs up and place in medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, onion, and parsley. Mix to combine.
- Add in the bacon and cheddar, mix to combine. Taste to see how much salt you may need to add. Bacon can be salty as can some cheese. Add salt and pepper to your tastes, mix again.
- Serve on your choice of bread or on top of a lettuce leaf.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!