These Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs have just the right amount of sweetness from the honey and a zing from the soy sauce and garlic.
I look forward to the cooler temperatures in the Fall and Winter here in Middle Georgia, but am not fond of the whole “getting dark so early” idea. I hate that part because it feels like it’s 10:00 p.m. when it’s only 6:30 pm. Also, it’s harder to grill out when it’s dark and we probably use the grill more than the oven in the warmer months. That being said, we are having warm weather here (like in the 80’s) and it’s starting to stay lighter longer in the evening! Long enough for me to get grub on the grill!
Things I love about these honey garlic chicken and vegetable kabobs: they are easy to prepare and cooking them takes less than 20 minutes. For best flavor, I would recommend to marinate the chicken for at 30 minutes to 2 hours. I’ve had great success with flavor with anytime between the 30 minutes and 2 hours. Can’t grill outside? No problem, you can use an indoor grill pan, or even your broiler.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
Honey Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ lbs chicken tenders
- 1 large onion
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- Skewers wood or metal
- If you are using wood skewers, soak them in water for 5–10 minutes and set aside. This will prevent them from burning while you are grilling the kabobs.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade for basting the cooked chicken and vegetables.
- In a re-sealable plastic bag, place the chicken and marinade – close the bag and make sure the chicken is all coated with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Prepare the vegetables by cutting them into 1-inch squares. Season with pepper.
- Once the chicken has marinated, you can assemble the kabobs. Start with onion, then the bell peppers, and finally chicken.
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Assemble the kabobs starting with a piece of the chicken, then a bell pepper, onion and another bell pepper. Do this twice for each kabob.
- Place the prepared kabobs on a baking sheet and brush with remaining marinade from the bag.
- Grill for 15 - 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Skewers (wood or metal)
- Remove from grill and place on a platter, brush the reserved marinade over the cooked chicken and vegetables.
You can change up the vegetables to suit your tastes and to what's in season.
Add some ginger or red pepper flakes to the marinade to give it different flavors; it's an easy marinade to change up the flavors.
Also, try adding fresh pineapple chunks to the skewers when grilling.
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
Leave a Reply