These Mini Bell Pepper Nachos are an easy low-carb, gluten-free way to get your nacho fix. Perfect for game day snacking or eating while binge watching TV.
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. It does not change the price you pay. , I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too.
I just love snacking on these colorful mini bell peppers and recently I may have went overboard on buying them when they were on sale. I was using them in salads, chopping up some for omelets, and whatever I could to use them. We were wanting some nachos the other evening but no chips in the house (part of our ‘ban the junk food’ plan) and so I said I’ll just make them with the mini peppers. My husband was a bit iffy on this plan. “A vegetable is not a chip” was his response. Ha!
The part of this recipe I love the most is that I could make them Paleo and also with cheese to keep it low-carb and more like the nachos. Another thing is that you can add whatever toppings you like to the mini peppers. I don’t care for jalapenos, but the rest of my family loves them. Diced tomatoes are my favorite for these mini bell pepper nachos so I loaded mine up with them.
I’ve teamed up with some #FestiveFoodies to bring you some delicious #FootballFood recipes. With the Super Bowl coming up, these Mini Bell Pepper Nachos would be a great addition to your game day menu as would any of the recipes we’re sharing today. Check them all out below the recipe card.
Tips to make this Recipe:
I use parchment paper on the baking tray so that clean-up is a breeze. If you prefer, you can lightly spray the baking sheet with non-stick spray.
Use a lean ground beef (at least 93% lean) and drain any grease off before stuffing the peppers. You can also use ground turkey or ground chicken.
If you prefer to use a packaged taco seasoning mix, do so. I like to use the spices or my homemade taco seasoning so I can control the heat and the salt.
I love using this homemade salsa.
Use more cheese if you prefer, and any kind of cheese you like.
Mini Bell Pepper Nachos
- 2 small packages mini peppers organic if possible or one large package
- 1 lb ground lean grass fed beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2- 1 cup salsa organic or make your own
- Optional Toppings: shredded cheese diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, sliced olives, chopped cilantro, sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the peppers lengthwise, then remove the stem and seeds. Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Place peppers in the oven for 12 minutes to roast.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the ground beef breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Cook until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, and salsa. Mix well and then allow to cool before stuffing the peppers.
- Remove peppers from the oven and stuff them using a small spoon.
- To serve Paleo: don't add the cheese but do add other toppings like diced tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro.
- If not serving Paleo: Top with shredded cheese and place under broiler for two minutes to melt the cheese. Then top with your favorite toppings.
Some of my favorite “tried and true” items used in this recipe:
- Beef & Cheddar Stuffed Rolls by Tip Garden
- Spicy Touchdown Chili by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Quick and Easy Restaurant Salsa by Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats
- Wisconsin Beer Brats by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Bacon Swiss Tarts by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- North Carolina BBQ Wings by The Freshman Cook
- Skillet Pizza Dip by Family Around the Table
- Deep Fried Pickles with Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce by Food Above Gold
- Chorizo Taco Pizza with Cilantro Sauce by The Spiffy Cookie
- Air Fryer Korean-Style BBQ Chicken Wings by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spinach Artichoke Dip by Our Good Life
- Hot Dog Sliders by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Fried Bologna and Onion Sandwiches by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chili Cheese Beef Brats by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Bell Pepper Nachos by Blogghetti
- Soda Glazed Kielbasa Game Day Bites by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Vegan Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Wings by The Baking Fairy
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!