Sprinkle cookies isn’t the actual name but it’s the one that has been dubbed by my family. I can’t even remember the original name but trust me when I tell you, this is a good cookie. I’ve seen it many food blogs as Firecracker cookies for the 4th of July holidays, which is what I chose to make them for this go-round.
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix 18.25 oz* (see notes)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup red sprinkles and 1/2 cup blue sprinkles or 1 cup of whatever colored sprinkles you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the sprinkles.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack. The cookies will be very soft at first.