This is a super simple and yummy cookie recipe using a cake mix. I think if you don’t have a cake mix in your pantry at all times, you are missing out on all the possibilities they provide in making quick and easy desserts. Cake batter cookies taste like a cross between wedding cake and sugar cookies. How yummy is that!! You can use any kind of sprinkles you want in this for any occasion or holiday. This would be a great addition to any cookie tray for holiday get-togethers or even a last minute treat for your children to take to class.
Sprinkle cookies isn’t the actual name but it’s the one that has been dubbed by my family. I can’t even remember the original name but trust me when I tell you, this is a good cookie. I’ve seen it many food blogs as Firecracker cookies for the 4th of July holidays, which is what I chose to make them for this go-round.
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix 18.25 oz* (see notes)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup red sprinkles and 1/2 cup blue sprinkles or 1 cup of whatever colored sprinkles you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the cake mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in the sprinkles.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack. The cookies will be very soft at first.
* Make sure to use this size of cake mix. I have not tried this with the smaller mixes so I can't tell you how they would turn out. If you try it with a smaller mix, come back and let me know how it went.
Leave a Reply