Grilled Pineapple with Maple Syrup Glaze is an easy summer recipe. Such a sweet dessert on its own or pair it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Grilling pineapple is so easy to do and it brings out so much flavor in the pineapple and since the fruit is high in sugar, it caramelizes so nicely when heated on the grill. I wanted to bring out that caramelized flavor even more with an easy-to-make glaze. This grilled pineapple recipe is a cinch to make and only needs two hours to marinate with about 6 minutes to grill.
It makes a perfect summer recipe to make for a simple dessert for BBQs and cookouts. This grilled fruit is my first recipe for BBQ Week. Our #FestiveFoodies Facebook group is celebrating #BBQWeek with tons of new recipes to share with you. Be sure to check out all of the recipes this week, which will all appear at the end of my posts each day.
Another delicious recipe to grill pineapple with is this sweet chili pineapple chicken tenders dish or try these Pina Colada Tacos using pineapple chunks. Both are super easy to make and have become favorites in our house.
This week I will be sharing these recipes:
- Grilled Pineapple with Maple Syrup Glaze (that’s todays recipe)
- Deviled Egg Pasta Salad (Tuesday’s recipe)
- Slow Cooker BBQ Green Beans with Bacon (Wednesday’s recipe)
- Grilled Ham Steak with Honey Mustard (Thursday’s recipe)
- Glaze Grilled Strawberry Shortcake (Friday’s recipe)
- fresh pineapple
- maple syrup
- brown sugar
- cayenne pepper
Prepare your pineapple. I like to buy already cut pineapple spears to save time, but you can also purchase a whole pineapple to cut up and use.
Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl. Place pineapple spears in a large resealable bag and pour marinade over. Close bag and gently coat pineapple with marinade. Place in refrigerator for about two hours.
Once ready, spray grill top with nonstick spray and preheat your grill to medium-high. I used an indoor grill that I set to 375 degrees. When the grill is ready, place pineapple spears on and grill about 3 minutes per side, basting with the excess marinade on each side. Remove from grill and serve.
Serve as is, over ice cream, or with grilled chicken or ham, even shrimp!
Grilled Pineapple with Maple Syrup Glaze
- 1 container fresh pineapple spears, or 1 whole pineapple peeled, cored, and cut up.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Place pineapple spears in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade over pineapple spears, close bag, and gently coat the pineapple with the mixture.
- Refrigerate for about two hours.
- Spray grill with non-stick spray. Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high or indoor grill to 375 degrees.
- Grill pineapples for about 3 minutes per side, Remove and serve.
More Pineapple Recipes to Enjoy
- Homemade Upside Down Pineapple Cake – I’ve added a few tweaks to the classic recipe and it’s filled to the brim with pineapples and topped with sweet brown sugar glaze.
- Grilled Shrimp and Sausage Skewers with Pineapple – quick and easy dinner meal that’s full of flavors
- Grilled Hawaiian Ham Skewers – delicious for dinner, breakfast, or brunch
Monday #BBQWeek Recipes
Appetizers and Drinks
- Cherimoya Margarita by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- BBQ Macaroni Salad by Making Miracles
- Cool Beans Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon by House of Nash Eats
- DIY BBQ Potato Chips by Palatable Pastime
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipe by SueBee Homemaker
- Honeydew Cucumber Salad by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Sweet Macaroni Salad by The Spiffy Cookie
- Warm New Potato and Pea Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cuban Marinated Chicken Tacos by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Citrus-Marinated Pork Chops by Sweet Beginnings
- Grilled Flounder Tacos with Peach Jalapeno Salsa by Our Good Life
- Sausage and Peppers by Devour Dinner
- Teriyaki Chicken Skewers by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- The Best Grilled BBQ Pork Ribs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Elvis Presley Cake by Family Around the Table
- Grilled Pineapple with Maple Syrup Glaze by Blogghetti
- No-Bake Kumquat Creamsicle Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Stay connected for the latest recipes
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #Blogghetti on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
Wendy Klik says
Grilling fruits to serve with ice cream is a favorite around here. I love the maple syrup glaze that you used. Thanks for sharing Lisa.
Have you tried grilled strawberries over ice cream? Heavenly!
I bet these would be delicious chopped up and made into salsa too. Love the maple.
What a great idea!
Terri A Steffes says
That carmelization has me all happy. Can imagine it on ice cream, in a taco or a margarita!
Ohhh, it’s so good over ice cream!
Love grilled pineapple and this sweet and spicy version would go so well with cocktails or grilled food.
Yes, it does! So good!
This New England girl loves any excuse to use maple syrup and this looks amazing!
I am all for maple syrup, too!