These tasty Grilled Hawaiian Ham Skewers are glazed with a delicious sauce and are perfect for a quick dinner or served on a brunch buffet.
Welcome to the December Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop, hosted by My Pinterventures. The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! It’s been a minute since I’ve posted with this blog hop and I found a great recipe to make for this month. I chose to bake up a batch of Cheesy Chili Muffins from this pin. It’s from Self Proclaimed Foodie and it is such a simple and delicious recipe.
Previously, I have tried (with great success) these pins: Cheesy Chili Muffins, Tex-Mex Chicken Foil Packets, Cucumber Tomato Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing, Sausage Pizza Egg Muffins, Homemade Banana Cream Pie and Kielbasa, Peppers, and Potato Hash.
I needed a quick dinner one night as it was getting late this grilled ham kabobs recipe was perfect. Simple ingredients that I always have on hand and that everyone likes.
Below the recipe, you can see what everyone else linked up to the blog hop!
Tips to Make Grilled Hawaiian Ham Skewers:
This is a great recipe to use up leftover ham, but if you don’t (like I didn’t ) use a couple of ham steaks from the grocery store.
You don’t have to buy unsweetened pineapple juice. I used fresh pineapple and there was enough of the natural juices in the container to use in this recipe. Alternatively, you can (and I have) use canned pineapple chunks in natural juices and use that juice.
I used peppers and onions with the ham and pineapple, it’s what I had on hand. Add the mushrooms if you have them. I served the skewers over a bed of white rice.
The grilled Hawaiian Ham Skewers were very good and we enjoyed them! The only change I made was to brush the sauce over the skewers every time I turned them on the grill. Since everything on the skewers is already cooked, you can use the remaining sauce to serve along side the kabobs.
The skewers can be made ahead and refrigerated until you are ready to grill them.
Easy Grilled Hawaiian Ham Skewers
- ⅔ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- ½ cup ketchup
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 ham steak ( or leftover ham chunks)
- 1 red onion
- 2 bell peppers (I used red and green)
- ½ of a fresh pineapple, peeled and cored
Assembling the skewers:
- Cut the ham, onion, pepper, and fresh pineapple into 1 iinch chunks and thread onto skewer sticks, alternating ingredients.
To make the grilling sauce:
- Whisk together the pineapple juice, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic cloves and brown sugar in small sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for at least about 10 minutes. Then allow to cool before use (about 10 minutes).
Grlling the skewers:
- Brush the skewers with grilling sauce. If making ahead, once you brush the skewers with the sauce, cover and store in the refrigerator. Before grilling, allow skewers to come to room temperature.
- When ready to grill: heat grill to medium-high and grill each side of the skewers for about 5 minutes, or until all ingredients have been heated through and have nice grill marks.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
Let’s meet this month’s Pinterest Challenge hosts!
To join next month’s #pinterestchallenge, click here to sign-up ⇒ September Pinterest Challenge
Now, let’s see what the other hosts have created ⇓⇓