Today’s #SummerGrilling recipe has been sponsored by The Spice House and BBQGuys , however, all opinions are my own. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SummerGrilling recipes. This post may contain affiliate links. Purchases through these links help support this blog at no additional cost to you. #ad #imabbqguy #TheSpiceHouse
This Grilled Chicken has a homemade Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce that is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. The BBQ sauce is also great on pork chops and in baked beans. Perfect sauce for summer cooking.
All this week we will be sharing amazing summer grilling recipes, and our readers have a chance to win some amazing prizes from our generous sponsors. You’re not going to want to miss a single day!
We grill a lot of chicken all year long and sometimes it can get boring with the same flavors. I have to change it up sometimes and try something new, like this easy homemade Cherry Bourbon BBQ sauce. The Spice House seasonings and some leftover cherry perserves along with a little bourbon made boring BBQ sauce amazing. Seriously.
Let me tell you a bit about The Spice House seasonings and what other great foods I used them on. First, Gateway to the North seasoning blend is what I used to season the chicken in this recipe and in the BBQ sauce. It’s also great on vegetables, salmon, and corn on the cob.
Vulcan Fire Salt is for those who love spice – it’s great on popcorn, corn on the cob, and a dash on foods you want to spice up. Back of the Yard seasoning blend is delicious on burgers! The last spice blend I tried was the Lake Shore Drive seasoning and it is amazing in deviled eggs.
The Cherry Bourbon BBQ sauce is super easy to make and can be made ahead of time. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Of course, if you prefer to bump up the hot sauce in the recipe or omit it, do it – suit your tastes. Be sure the sauce is cooled before you pour into a glass container to store it in the refrigerator.
BBQGuys are another of the sponsors for this week and they sent over this Weber iGrill Mini for me to try out. It’s an amazing little gadget, ya’ll! It syncs with your smartphone, and will allow you to grill the perfect chicken, burger, salmon, and more all with a click. By that I mean, you insert the thermometer into your meat and set the temp and time on the app. Of course, you have to still check your food but it will alert you when your food is at the desired internal temp. Pretty cool!
My Grilled Chicken with the Homemade Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce turned out amazing and perfectly cooked.
Follow The Spice House on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Then check out the BBQGuys on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Great recipes are awaiting as is quality products.
Don’t forget to check out the giveaway below the recipe!
Grilled Chicken with Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp The Spice House's Gateway to the North Seasoning
Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup cherry perserves
- 2 tsp The Spice House's Gateway to the North Seasoning
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or more if you like
- a few dashes of hot sauce optional
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Then add garlic and cook another one minute.
- Add in bourbon and continue cooking about 3 minutes.
- Add in the tomato paste and whisk to break it up.
- Then, add all remaining sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Once it's boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and let cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Pour sauce through a fine mesh strainer to remive onion and garlic pieces if you prefer a smooth sauce.
- Set aside and cool. Store leftover bbq sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- When you are ready to grill, preheat grill to medium-high and then season each side of the chicken breasts with The Spice House's Gateway to The North Seasoning
- Then grill chicken breasts for about 9 minutes each side.
- If you are using the iGrill mini thermometer, you can set it up to alert you to turn the chicken. Also, set it up to reach an internal temp of 165 degrees.
- Once you turn the chicken, baste it with the Cherry Bourbon BBQ Sauce. Flip once more and baste again. Remove to platter to let rest a couple of minutes.
Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 5/18/2019. Enter using the widget below. Comment each day for even more chances to win!
Find Us on Pinterest
Be sure to follow the #SummerGrilling Pinterest board for tons more recipe ideas.
More Summer Grilling Recipes
Creamy Potato Salad
Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
Honey Garlic Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs
Sweet Heat BBQ Chicken
Connect with Blogghetti! Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO BLOGGHETTI NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX EVERY WEEK!
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
What a delicious looking BBQ sauce! I am pinning this and cannot wait to try it!!
Susan D says
We love to grill kebabs of all kinds – all meats, veggies and fruits along with some grilled tortillas or Naan bread
Shirley Wood says
These look lip smacking delicious and that sauce sounds too good. I’ll have to skip the hot stuff for my sissy tongue. We love to grill everything all summer long. I think Pork Chops are scrumptious when grilled especially with the right sauce.
I think this sauce would be delish on pork chops too!